Expand All | Collapse All

I would like to enroll in GloCal, but cannot commit 12 consecutive months to living abroad. Am I still eligible?

No, one of the main requirements of the GloCal program is that trainees must train in the LMIC where they plan to carry out their research plan.

I would like to propose adding another international site to the list. How do I go about doing that?

GloCal is not currently considering additional international training sites, but may do so again sometime in the future. For more information, please contact Assistant Director Kimberly Bale.

I have a mentor in mind from one of the four UCs / international site, but I do not see him or her on the mentor list. Can I use this mentor?

Yes, as long as he or she is from one of the 20 international sites or from one of the represented UC sites (UCSF, UCSD, UCLA, UCD), your mentor can be added to the list after being approved as a mentor. Please contact Assistant Director Kimberly Bale .

I am a master's (or undergraduate) student from one of the four UCs, am I eligible to apply?

No, the program is not accepting master's or undergraduate students at this time.

I am affiliated with a UC other than one of the four, am I eligible to apply?




I am a doctoral or professional student at one of the UC schools but am not a U.S. citizen or permanent resident; am I eligible to apply?

No, doctoral and professional students must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents to be eligible for this fellowship.